Aboveground Pool Opening Instructions
- Re-install all pump plugs, filter plug, sight glass (sand filter)
Hint: wrap each with Teflon tape to prevent leaks
- Re-attach pump to the base. Re-attach hose between pump and filter. Re-attach hose between pump and skimmer. Re-attach hose between filter and return.
- Make sure strainer cover (pump lid) is clean, gasket is clean and track is clean
Always Turn Pump Off Prior To Moving Valves
- Move filter valve to filter (sand filter)
- Put garden hose under the cover
- Pump/siphon off cover as you continue to fill pool underneath
Hint: 1-2 gallons of chlorine shock poured around the pool on top of cover 1-2 days prior to opening makes cleaning the cover much easier.
- Use a leaf rake and wall brush to get leaves and debris off the cover while you pump/siphon water off.
Hint: as water is taken off the cover, pull the cover taught on top. This will make it easier to get water and debris off the cover.
- The easiest place to clean the cover is on the pool. Try to clean it before you remove it.
- Fold and roll up and store the cover once dry away from any animal activity.
- Remove plugs from pool interior (if present) and return eyeball and skimmer basket.
- Fill pool water till water level ½-3/4 up the skimmer faceplate.
- Test water and balance ph. Add chlorine or Baquacil per instructions.
- Vacuum the pool.
- Back wash (sand) filter or regenerate (D.E.) filter or clean cartridge filter.
- Replace the ladder.
- Allow pump to run continuously for 48-72 hours then cut back to normal operation.
- Test the pool water weekly.