Inground Pool Opening Instructions
(If a safety cover is being used, please take cover off using safety cover tool, spread out in the yard and let dry and then store away in storage bag, disregard steps 1-6 and start with step 7)
IMPORTANT: Water level must be maintained. As water is pumped off the cover an equal amount must be introduced under the cover.
- Put garden hose under cover and fill pool (only to return level until pump and filter are attached).
- Pump/siphon water off cover as you continue to fill pool under cover.
Hint: 1-2 gallons of chlorine shock poured around pool on top of cover 1-2 days prior to opening makes cleaning the cover much easier.
- Use a leaf rake and wall brush to get leaves and debris off cover while you pump/siphon the water off.
Hint: As water is taken off cover, pull cover taught on top of pool. This will allow you to get all water and debris off the cover.
- The easiest place to clean the cover is on the pool. Make sure it is clean before you remove it.
- Once clean, drain and clean water bags and remove them from the cover.
- Roll up water bags, fold and roll up cover and store off the floor so creatures won’t chew on it.
- Remove blowout and plugs from pool interior (if present) and install return eyeball and skimmer basket.
- Re-install all pump plugs, filter plug, sight glass (sand filter).
Hint: Wrap each with Teflon tape to prevent leaks.
- Re-attach pump to base. Re-attach hose between pump and filter. Re-attach hose between pump and skimmer. Re-attach hose between filter and return.
- Make sure strainer cover (pump lid) is clean, gasket is clean and gasket track is clean.
Always Turn Pump Off Prior To Moving Valves.
- Move filter valve to filter (sand filter).
- Fill pool till water level is ½ – ¾ up the skimmer faceplate.
- Test water and balance pH. Add chlorine or Baquacil per instructions.
- Vacuum pool.
- Back wash (sand) filter or Regenerate (D.E.) filter. Clean filter if cartridge.
- Replace ladder.
- Allow pump/filter to run continuously for 48-72 hours then cut back to normal operation.
- Check Sanitizer/pH level once per week.